Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Windows 7 – Nice little toolbar feature

I don’t know why I didn’t see this before, but when you download a file with IE or copy a file between folders, the toolbar gets a shaded fill that acts as a progress bar for the downloads in progress for whichever app is doing the copy/download.

sshot-3 sshot-2

One of my most hated “features” of IE is the download dialog box.  This improves on that concept a bit.  Hopefully, the download dialog box will die a horrible flaming death like the find pop-up box finally did.

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool little function. I almost typed feature, but this is not a feature IMHO --- just a functional element. What I like about Win7 is that same folder you mention contains all of the downloads - even from "alternative browsers"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Function is deffinetly a better description. I'm in the process of trying to get the Zune tab to show download and/or song progress like the other folders. So far I've only managed to get the even handler to recognize when when a song changes. I haven't figure out how to get any info out of the handler to pass along. That's if I can even figure out how to access the tab graphic.
    Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete